Wanderlust Bay Scholarship
There’s so much pressure in college. Choose a major. Decide what you want to do with the rest of your life. Spend a boat load on classes and books on subjects that might not hold any usefulness to you in your career or life.
The point of this scholarship is to recognize that you may not be passionate about your chosen profession or career. The fact remains too many art majors work at Starbucks, too many political science majors sell insurance and too many business majors working entry level jobs making barely minimum wage.
The founder of Wanderlust Bay spent 4 years in college, 3 years in law school and tens of thousands of dollars only to realize practicing law was not his passion. He now performs weddings full-time on beautiful Caribbean beaches. He started his 2nd career on the weekends while practicing law.
He paid a web designer $547 to build a website for his side gig officiating weddings. That side gig grew into a career and a passion.
So this scholarship is meant to put $547 in your pocket to set aside to fund your side gig so you can find your passion.
Award Amount: $547
Application Opening & Deadline: 12:00 p.m. (noon) Atlantic Standard Time, April 17, 2017 until 12:00 p.m. (noon), Atlantic Standard Time, August 31, 2017
Scholarship Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Wanderlust Bay Scholarship is open to citizens of the United States of America.
Applicant must attend an accredited, 4-year college within the United States of America and its Territories.
Winner selection is NOT based on financial need, GPA or demographic criteria.
Must be majoring in something.
Have a demonstrated interest in doing anything other than what you are majoring in or what you degree you will obtain upon graduation.
- Scholarship entries are ONLY accepted via email.
- Applicants must send their email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with all required information set forth below.
- Winner is required to submit the name and contact information of their chosen college/university.
* 4-year college/university school based in the United States that has completed & received accreditation from an agency recognized by the US Department of Education & is on the list found at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or http://www.chea.org
- A total of $547.
- The scholarship is paid directly to the educational institution in the student’s account to be used for tuition and/or books.
- It is hoped the winner will use $547 of their own funds to fund a side gig or 2nd career…because are you absolutely certain you’ll be happy with a career in your chosen major?
- Scholarship winner is selected from among valid applications received at the conclusion of the contest period.
- Due to the number of entries received, Wanderlust Bay can only notify the winner.
- Winner’s name will be posted on this web site.
Send an email to: email@example.com with “Scholarship Application” in the subject line of the email.
In the body of the email, the following information must be provided: (This information is collected soley for the purpose of administering this contest, verifying information and notifying winners. We never share or sell your information with outside sources or vendors.)
- Full Name
- Home Street Address
- City, State, Zip Code
- Contact Phone (with area code)
- 2nd Phone Contact (optional)
- Email Address
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Contact Number (with area code)
- Anticipated date of Graduation (Month/Year)
In the body of the email you must then respond to the following in 800 words or less:
If I could have the perfect job/career, it would be…
1. When responding – go big.
2. Please don’t worry about being practical.
3. Imagine the job of your dreams.
4. If the job/career doesn’t currently exist, create it.
If you have any questions about this scholarship, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org